Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ubuntu 10.10 is not stable for ATI display

I upgrade my computer to Ubuntu 10.10 from 10.04 LTS without any problem. However, when I use it, it hangs randomly. The whole screen freezes and the only thing I can do is to hard reboot. I think it is related to my display card driver (I use ATI HD 4300 series). Thus, I deleted it and the problem is that the session will automatically logoff randomly. It seems that it is better than freezing the screen, huh..at least I can login again.... Then, I download the driver from ATI ...after installation, freezing screen problem occurred again.....Then I have no choice and I am setting up Uunutu 10.04 LTS again right now........

This experience tells me that it is better to use LTS version.... and it seems that Ubuntu 10.10 doesn't support the display well for ATI. However, for my netbook, this is ok..

No comments:

Post a Comment