Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ruby on Rails: Application - Tracks

I am a person who really needs a task management system. Otherwise, I will forget lots of important stuff and my time table will not be so optimal. Before using web-based application, I used Getting Things GNOME (GTG) which is popular in Linux system. GTG also supports Remember the milk so that you can synchronise your job list with different computers. However, I always forgot to click the sync button and the job list goes messy right now. Thus, I try to find something which is online as I have a Linux server in my office. Then, I found Track (http://www.getontracks.org/) which is implemented with Ruby on Rails. Tracks is a web-based application to help you implement David Allen’s Getting Things Done™ methodology. This is open-source project so you can design your own style and functionalities if you know Ruby on Rails. It has a built-in webserver which is WEBrick (I suggest to use Mongrel as I found WEBrick has some problems when I access the web page), so that you can run it on your own computer if you like. With this application, I can edit my tasks in a centralised way, and I don't need to worry about the synchronisation problem. Once my server didn't dead, I still can view and edit my schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Listen...

    This may sound a little weird, and maybe even kind of "strange"

    WHAT if you could just press "PLAY" to listen to a short, "magical tone"...

    And miraculously bring MORE MONEY to your life???

    And I'm really talking about BIG MONEY, even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

    Sounds way too EASY??? Think this couldn't possibly be for REAL?

    Well then, I've got news for you..

    Many times the most significant miracles life has to offer are also the SIMPLEST!!!

    Honestly, I will provide you with PROOF by allowing you to listen to a real-life "miracle wealth building tone" I've produced...

    (And COMPLETELY RISK FREE).

    You just press "PLAY" and you will start having more money come into your life... starting so fast, you will be surprised...

    GO here NOW to experience the wonderful "Miracle Abundance TONE" as my gift to you!!!

    ReplyDelete